The School of Social and Political Science, Central and East European Studies subject area at The University of Glasgow encourages applications for a range of PhD studentships due to begin in September 2014. These studentships are offered on a self-funding and funded basis. Funded scholarships are offered through the ESRC Scottish Graduate School of Social Science (Language-based Area Studies pathway) in conjunction with CRCEES, and as part of the University of Glasgow’s College of Social Science Scholarship Competition 2014.
General information about the Glasgow’s PhD programmes in Russian, Central and East European Studies can be found at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/research/cees/postgraduate/
Information on how to apply is available at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/socialsciences/graduateschool/applications/
For information on available staff research interests and subject areas available for supervision please see: http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/research/cees/people/
1. The ESRC Scottish Graduate School of Social Science, Language-based Area Studies Pathway.
ESRC-funded PhD scholarships in Language-based Area Studies in the field of Russian, Central and East European Studies are available at the University of Glasgow through CRCEES. These annual scholarships offer full fees and maintenance (subject to eligibility rules) are available on the following models depending upon your prior qualifications:
· 2+3 years - Master of Research (MRes) in Russian, Central and East European Studies + intensive language training to advanced level + PhD
· 1+3 years - Master of Research (MRes) in Russian, Central and East European Studies or intensive language training to advanced level + PhD
· +3 years - PhD study
For information on CRCEES please see:
For application information and guidance please see:
Please note the following dates:
- Institutional deadline for programme applications: 4 February 2014 Individuals wanting more information or intending to apply must make themselves known to CRCEES by the 27 January 2014. Please email email@example.com
- Nominated candidates will be informed of their selection no later than the 13 February 2014
- Nominated candidates must register on the ESRC portal by the 21 February 2014 and complete their application by the 7 March 2014
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than 9 May 2014.
2. College of Social Science Scholarship Competition 2014
This is an open competition. UK/EU and international applicants interested in undertaking a PhD in Russian, Central & East European studies are encouraged to apply. This scholarship provides 3 year (full-time) / 5 year (part-time) funding support, including full fees (at Home/EU or international rate), maintenance bursary (£13,863 FT / £6931.50 PT) and research support grant (£750 FT / £375 PT).
For further information and details on how to apply please see: http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/socialsciences/studentfundingopportunities/postgraduateresearch
Please note the following dates:
- Institutional deadline for programme applications: 3 February 2014 Individuals wanting more information or intending to apply must make themselves known to CRCEES by the 27 January 2014 at the very latest. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Individuals interested in undertaking a Self-funded PhD do not have the same deadline requirements but are encouraged to contact the University as soon as possible to highlight their interest. University of Glasgow alumni benefit from a 10% reduction in fees.
For more information or if you have any questions about these funding opportunities or undertaking a PhD at the University of Glasgow in Russian, Central and East European Studies please contact the CEES PGR applications convenor Dr Eamonn Butler (email@example.com).